One of the best places for me to go when I'm feeling depressed is Cabela's. Not because I find it a particularly great store, but because it's so WEIRD that I cheer up. I love the fact that my mazda5 is the smallest car in the parking lot. I love that every other guy smells like stale cigarettes and every other woman has hair so big that it should have it's own zip code. I love the dead animals that have been stuffed and mounted on the walls. I love, okay hate with a burning passion, the country music that they pipe out to the parking lot.
The first time I ever went to Cabela's was a few years ago to get a gift card for my father in law (same reason for this time too). I immediately started to laugh when I saw the sign that pointed out the parking for trucks, buses, and rvs. It got better when we went inside I saw that you could buy ammo in bulk. We visited in the aquariam when you can watch their stunning assortment of bass, trout and catfish. Not knowing that they were purely for show, I asked Justin if they were for the people who hadn't caught anything on their recent fishing trip. He gave me a very weird look.
So next time you're feeling down, consider going to Cabela's where you can revel in the dead animals or the equipment to go kill or stuff said dead animals or the peculiar brand of people who enjoy that sort of thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment