Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The theater, the theater, what's happened to the theater?

Bonus points if you can name where the title quote came from. Excluding my family because you guys know everything.

So the local community theater is putting on Annie Get Your Gun. They needed seamstresses, and I figured I'd volunteer because I can sew and community theater never gets enough support, right? Well, apparently the director is desperate because when I called, her first question was, "Do you want to be costume director?" Ummmmm........okay. So I went in thinking I would a lowly lackey and came out in charge of the costume department.

The moral of the story? Never volunteer for anything.

4 comments:

  1. White Christmas! Love that movie. He says it at the beginning of his song, "Choreography."

    Good luck with being Costume Director. It will look great, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You're ambitious for someone with 2 kids under 2. Did you mention that little fact when you volunteered to sew a few costumes? :)

    You'll be great- your sewing is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! I hope it turns out to be fun and not too stressful. I, of course, demand to see pictures of all your creations. Channel your inner cowboy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fun... I guess... if you get stuck on planning you can always ask Taffy for advice as that was her degree, I know she helped our cousin with her high school play, just with strategies on how to start, etc., just in case you don't already know about it all :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete