My sewing machine decided to survive until the very last night of Annie Get Your Gun before keeling over from exhaustion. RIP, faithful Singer. Going out of town the next week, I didn't have time to do anything about it.
After I got back, I had the painful decision of whether or not to get it fixed, or to spend probably less money on a new sewing machine that probably not anywhere near the quality of my previous one when it was working. The sewing machine of my dreams is still something that we can't afford. I decided to bite the bullet, got a recommendation from another sewing nut in my ward, and called a repairman. He came over, fixed it in less than half hour and showed me a few things about my sewing machine I didn't know (and a whole lot that I did).
So my sewing machine has come back from the dead, which is good because I've got Halloween costumes and Christmas presents to make!
So when is the sewing machine going to morph into some random mutant and start attacking people?
ReplyDeleteI'm glad it all worked out in the end! I'm always worried about being scammed by repairmen, so you were wise to get a recommendation. And one that does house calls, too!
ReplyDelete