Justin drove me to the instacare where they took some x-rays. No bones were broken which I already knew. The doctor said that it was likely I had given myself a "high sprain", meaning that I had injured the ligaments higher up on the leg rather than the ones surrounding the ankle. It wasn't serious (my joints were still normally spaced according to my x-rays) but would probably take longer to heal.
The rest of the day I hobbled or pushed myself around on an office chair; I kept telling Justin I needed a fire extinguisher. Today, my ankle feels a little stiff but I can put pressure on it and go up and down stairs. I should walking fine by Tuesday or Wednesday.
I think however my pride will need longer than that to get back to normal.
Yikes! I hope it heals quickly!
ReplyDeleteWish we were there to help you out! Hope you heal quickly!
ReplyDeleteOuch!! I'm really loving the idea of the fire extinguisher, though. =) I want to come help you!! Seriously ... I'd be all visiting teacherish and say "call me if you need anything" but I'm paranoid about posting my number to the world wide web so I'll give you my e-mail instead. Then you can e-mail me and I'll e-mail you back my number ... deal?? brookenel@gmail.com
ReplyDeleteOh no! I hope you continue to feel better and heal.
ReplyDeleteI feel terrible I haven't read this until now. You poor girl! Is it better now?
ReplyDeleteOh no! i hope that it gets better quickly!!!!
ReplyDelete