I noticed today that the peach tree planted outside my parent's back porch was so loaded down with fruit that it was starting to bow and touch the ground. I immediately threw on my gloves, grabbed a garbage cannister and started picking and throwing away fruit. I got done and figured that I'd pull some of the "natural vegetation" that has started to take over (overgrow) the yard. I pulled two weeds when a swarm of ants came out at me, waving antenae and pitchforks, chanting my name. I screamed and ran back into the indoors, which is where man was meant to be.
I hate nature.
You may hate nature but I LOVE this post!!!
ReplyDeleteSo sad! Were any of the peaches usable?
ReplyDeleteNone of them were ripe and most of them were wormy. I'm the type that believes that food comes from the grocery store.
ReplyDeleteYou forgot that minor bit of the frantic call to your husband at work which had me hysterically laughing for a full five minutes.
ReplyDeleteBut the best part was where we spent the next two hours over IM planning on how to 'put down' the ant mob...