Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dear Glee (contains spoilers)

You had such a good thing going. You really had my attention and love. And then you had to pull that adoption crap at the end of the finale and now I'm pissed.

Rachel is only supposed to be 15. She's still a child. So when she says that she needs her mom, it's poignant. When her mom says that she doesn't want a relationship because "Rachel is too old" and then she adopts Quinn's baby, I get more than a little irked. Children do not have an expiration date. Children will always bond with their parents if the parents will exert a little effort. Thank you for perpetuating the social idea that only babies are worth the effort. Kids in foster care and older children will remain there because adoptive parents will only want infants.

I will continue to watch next season, but if you pull the same crap again, I will be forced to hunt down Ryan Murphy.

Sincerely,
Miranda

2 comments:

  1. AMEN! That really annoyed me. You make the effort to find your daughter and then just go, "Whatever. It's too late to get to know you and bond and have fun together." Bullshit!

    ReplyDelete