Friday, October 29, 2010

HA! Try stealing my pumpkins now!


We didn't carve pumpkins this year. We didn't carve pumpkins last year, nor the year before that. You want to know why? Because stupid teenagers in this neighbourhood steal the pumpkins and throw them at the mailbox. I'm so tempted to do this (click on it to enlarge):


I'm not fond of Halloween. But it does mark the beginning to some of my favourite holidays: Thanksgiving and Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. We do not put pumpkins out either, but some lovely teenagers took a pumpkin from another house and threw them out our mailbox and totally smashed one of our mailboxes. Terry is offering a $100 to reward to information leading to the discovery of who they were. Just for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just take a pacifist approach and bring my pumpkins in the house on Halloween night. Though I do like your style, Miranda...maybe next year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We would put them out on the porch until we weren't opening the door every two minutes and then would bring them into the house on our kitchen table and you could still see them through the window.

    It makes me really angry when people smash pumpkins, because I remember how crushed I was the first time it happened to me...

    ReplyDelete