Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I heart David Yates

Last Friday, Justin played hooky from work, we dumped the kids in daycare, and then went for sushi and Harry Potter. It was fun and we had a great time.

I also have to say that the Harry Potter movie was FANTASTIC. The scene with the radio was the best impromptu dance scene since Witness. It said really close to the book where it counted, and where it deviated there were usually a good reason. Some things bugged me (spoiler: they were supposed to kill Wormtail!!) but I think that it's competing against Azakaban as my second favourite.



So I'm not really fond of Michael Gambon as Dumbledore because I think it's very evident he's never read the book or has any idea what is going on. However, this clip from Top Gear is the FUNNIEST thing ever. (By the way, Top Gear is easily the best car show ever.)


3 comments:

  1. Highly enjoyable clip!! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All you Harry Potter crazies... j/k -- I never read the book -- but I think the movies were fantastically done! He really made an incredible Dumbledore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tooootally agree about Gambon as Dumbledore.

    ReplyDelete