Sunday, October 16, 2011

I thought we were done with this @$%$!


It was difficult to wean Alana. She refused to take a bottle and didn't completely wean until she was almost 18 months. So image my surprise on Friday when Alana was being very cuddly, then started pulling on my shirt to latch on. Is this normal? I've heard of toddlers wanting to nurse after younger siblings are born, but that's not the case in this house.

In other news I taught my first ballet class a few weeks ago. One of the reasons we joined the YMCA was that we had access to all the other Ys in the area and a few of them taught adult ballet class. I started to go to one on Saturday. To be honest, I'm not that fond of the teacher because she actually doesn't know that much ballet and is actually a Pilates teacher who has happened to take a few ballet classes. But she had to go to a conference last month and she asked me to substitute for her. I had fun, and the people there told me they'd had fun too, so I'll count it as a win. One girl came back the next week and told me that while she didn't hate me, she wasn't thinking too fondly of me on Sunday night. Yay. The local Y has a job opening for a children's ballet teacher, but I can't take it because of the timing and I don't particularly want to teach kids.

Liam has started preschool officially. I enrolled him into the early education preschool at the local elementary. It's great because they have speech and occupational therapy as part of their curriculum. They also pick up and drop off the kids on the bus outside of the kids's homes, so I don't have to worry about that. Liam actually likes it, which was a huge relief for me. He likes his teacher and after two days of me riding with him on the bus, will now willingly get on the bus without any tears. My little boy's all grown up! And next year Alana will be going too, so I'll have three hours a day, four days a week in an empty house. The thought makes me giddy.

1 comment:

  1. That picture made me laugh! Can't tell ya if that's normal or not, sorry. All my kiddos were weaned before they were a year old and none of them ever tried again. Good luck! The thought of having 3 hours a day to yourself makes me terribly jealous though.

    ReplyDelete