There's a port out of Seattle, so we took a look. Most of the cruises out of here go to Alaska and we thought, sure, why not? So off on a cruise we went.
I enjoyed myself much more than I thought I would. Despite not being "cruising people" and the mode age was probably more in the 50s or 60s, there were still lots of families. I was worried about the number of people on the boat, and yeah, there were a few times, I felt slightly claustrophobic, but I found times and spaces do be alone. Here are the photos:
In Juneau, we saw the Mendenhall Glacier
Cold kids. It was July.
Alana seems very unimpressed by the glacier. She actually loved it.
After the glacier we went to a salmon bake.
Liam's favourite food is salmon.
Alana remains unimpressed.
My kids will eventually learn to pose for photographs.
In Skagway, we visited sled dogs, Sorry about the lousy picture. After this a really rude tourist, pushed me out of the way to take pictures of MY kids. I was pissed.
After the sled dogs, we went into a freezer that is supposed to simulate how cold it can get on the Iditarod. It was quite a difference from the 80 degrees it was outside.
Gold panning.
Measuring out the gold.
Pirate night.
Tracy Arm fjord glacier.
Can we have breakfast now?
The Sawyer glacier and a horrible selfie.
Orcas
.Alana was part of the ice show.
Victoria, BC Parliament building
A very well-fed seal that lives in the Victoria harbour.
Chinatown entrance. Second oldest Chinatown in North America after SF.
All in all, a fun trip. The kids are asking to go back. We'll see.










No comments:
Post a Comment