I'm sick, Liam's sick, it's fun!
Liam woke up with a temp of 101 F on Saturday morning. We spent the next three days watching him like a hawk, not sure if it was teething or sickness. Answer: Sickies!
Yesterday I got a new "toy". I'm doing some sewing for McCall patterns and they wanted the dresses serged around the edges to finish them off. So yesterday, I went out and bought the cheapest one I could find. Now, I was not a huge fan of the serger. I always thought that they were really only good for one thing, unnecessarily expensive, and because of the cutting blade, if you screw up, you're really toast. However now, I've used it a little bit, I'm not quite so critical. I'm still a little scared in case cut something wrong, but I've got to say, it does make seams tidy and look more professional. Also, the very patronizing salesperson at Joann store informed me that sergers can do more than overlock fabric. I might take a class when I have time to try to get more use out of this thing. In the mean time, french seams are going to be a lot easier!
The first dress was a pain to cut out because of the beading on the overlay, but I'm almost done. It's going remarkably fast despite having to serge around all the edges. I'm glad to finally have project that's going well.
After I'm done with this dress, I have two more flower girls dresses, two pioneer dresses, six skirts, two hooter hiders, Liam's crib bumpers and three sheets, and a dress (for me!) At least I'll have plenty to keep me busy!
A quick request: you should post pictures of your projects. I would love to see all the stuff you've been making, even the dreaded pioneer dresses. Then you could have some sort of portfolio, via your blog, for potential clients. Is this turning into a nice little business?
ReplyDeleteYes! Pictures please! If you decide that you want a separate website for your sewing portfolio, I'd be happy to help.
ReplyDelete