Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I say we go back to togas - one size fits all

I have a pet peeve (yes, just one at the moment). It's called clothing sizes. Thanks to a lack of standardize clothing size here in this country, I've had to guess a lot the past couple of weeks. I love the 18 year old girls that are, ahem, larger than I am, who tell me blandly they are a size 4. And sometimes they are. That's the problem.

In the past few years, something called vanity sizing has popped up. Meaning that people haven't gotten smaller, sizes have gotten bigger. Yeah, Marilyn Monroe was a size 16...in 1960. Meaning, she would be a size 4 or 6 now. So I want to smack these little girls who complain that size 0 doesn't fit them. Wish I had that problem.

I say we rebel and stop wearing clothes.

1 comment:

  1. Amen!!! It's frustrating to be six sizes off sometimes because you have no idea what size you are.

    ReplyDelete