while I descend into one of those "I'm the greatest thrifty Mommy in the world" posts.
Alana won't have to sleep in a cardboard box anymore! Just kidding. She's eight months old and I was thinking that it's really time to get her a crib, but they discontinued the one that I bought for Liam and I was sad. There was one at Target for a while that was close in style and price, but I waited too long and they stopped carrying it in stores. And then I found out that it would cost $70 (!!!) to get it shipped. So I got on Babies R Us tonight and found that their cribs were 20% this weekend, with free shipping, AND they had just started to carry the crib that I liked at Target. When checking out, I realized I hadn't checked to see if any coupons would work, so I moseyed over to retailmenot.com where I found a coupon for an extra $10 off. So the crib that I had been regretting not buying at Target that would have been $267 with tax AND I would have had bribe someone with a truck to get it home? I got for $231 and shipped right to my doorstep.
Then, I figured I might as well get a mattress. So I checked and mattresses also were 20% off AND free shipping AND I got to use my coupon again AND I got a free umbrella stroller. Not bad, eh?
Not bad at all!!!
ReplyDeleteI love stories like that. I will stop and tell almost any stranger about good deals I have scored. ("This skirt? $3 at The Children's Place!!!") So good for you! You are an amazing thrifty mommy!
ReplyDelete