Monday, May 9, 2011

I knew I wasn't that creative


Today Google informed me that if he was still alive, Roger Hargreaves would be celebrating his 76th birthday today. Hargreaves is the author of the Mr. Men and Little Miss books. I LOVED these books when I was in Singapore, but when I moved here, no one knew what I was talking about so I started to believe that I had imagined the whole thing. Nice to know that I wasn't crazy.

Hargreaves also inspired me to write my own story about the Heart Family and two siblings named "Sweet" Heart and "Black" Heart. Sweet Heart was a little goody-two-shoes and Black Heart was a criminal (not so) mastermind who often got into trouble leading to cardiac arrest from their uncle "Brave" Heart. Give me a break, I was 10.

2 comments:

  1. You're not crazy at all! I remember those books too, I just haven't seen one in a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those books - strange how things can come and go and it's almost like it didn't exist but something will prompt people to bring them out again. Now I want to get these for my kids.

    ReplyDelete