50 points if you know where the title of this post came from
So last week I posted about some of the things I'm excited about in our upcoming move to Seattle (this Saturday, YAY!). Here's a post on the flip side: Things That I'm NOT Going To Miss About Utah. What? That's not the flip side? Eh, I don't really care.
UDOT. Enough said.
Snow. While I like white Christmases, I don't like snow starting in October and ending.....well, I'll let you know when it finally ends this year.
Hot summers. This is made worse by the fact I don't sweat, I RASH like crazy.
Annual winter/spring smog. I have to keep a bag in the car because I *literally* get sick sometimes when I leave the house.
The city that I live in. Let's face it, it sucks.
The school district. One of the reasons I pushed for the move so much was because Liam will be entering school soon. The Alpine school district bites, especially for special need kids.
Mountains. They make me feel very claustrophobic. Weird I know.
Mormon culture. Utah people are odd and xenophobic.
The Right Wingers that run this state. While I know there will be Republicans in Washington but Utah ranked third most conservative state in US (the first two were tied). The ones that especially piss me off are the ones that ASSume that since I don't agree with them, I must be stupid/uninformed/emotional. And then (since most of them are Mormon) when I get mad about THEIR rudeness, they'll quote a 2006 conference talk by Elder Bednar about choosing not to be offended and that "I the Lord will forgive whom I will forgive...." This does nothing to piss me off less. Apparently I'm not allowed to get offended when YOU say something rude and offensive. Rant over.
Xeroscaping. I hate looking at brown and gray. It's depressing.
Aridness. It's too @#$$%^@# dry here.
This is not a comprehensive list of the things I will not miss about Utah; it's just the least offensive ones. I've turned off the comments because I'm sure I've pissed off someone (see paragraph re: Elder Bednar's talk) and I don't really care what you think. If you're someone to bitch about this list, chances are you are among the reasons I will not be missing Utah.