Thursday, July 14, 2011

HP & DH: P2

Yay! They finally broke the Harry Potter curse! If you don't know what I'm talking about, I give you the following record:


  1. Sorcerer's Stone: Okay just because it was the first and Chris Columbus didn't have anything to work with. Also I'll give him props for casting all the main people and doing a @#$%$ good job about it.
  2. Chambers of Secrets: The worst. Period.
  3. Prisoner of Azkaban: This was my favourite for a long time. Probably because Alfonso Cuaron got the kids to finally ACT.
  4. Goblet of Fire: This one is also in the running for the worst. The only reason I think that it's not is because the scene with Prof. McGonagall teaching the kids to dance was funny.
  5. Order of the Phoenix: This one beat out the third. I think that it was a good balance between the book and cinematics.
  6. Half-Blood Prince: Totally unmemorable. I've watched it many, many times, and I STILL can't remember anything about it.
  7. Deathly Hallows: Part 1: This one was good. I liked a lot of it, and most of the failings of it stemmed from the book and it's weird pacing.


So every odd one was good, and the even ones kind of sucked (opposite of Star Trek). But hey, the eighth one was actually really good! I actually cried. I'm going to have to watch the fifth one again, but I think this one might have beat it. And I'm placing my bet now: Alan Rickman wins Best Supporting Actor next February. Go see it! Now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment