Get to the gym more often (and hopefully lose some stomach fat along the way). I'm fulfilling my Korean destiny and becoming more apple shaped all the time.
Grow a garden. Which Justin needs to build first. And I realized I'll need to start some seedlings later this month. Alternately, if this does not happen, it'll be buy and use more produce from the farmer's market that's starting in our city this year and even better, will only be 2 blocks from where we live.
Finish the house. I'm maybe a quarter of the way through. In 8 months.
And here's some pictures of Alana in her Halloween costume:
I called her Anne Boleyn, but maybe I should have called her Catherine Parr because she at least kept her head. Yes I made it. It's just a straight forward pattern from Butterick that I do NOT recommend. Came out pretty cute though. I also made Liam an Angry Bird but I don't have a picture of that yet. Also note a complete lack of living furniture and an ironing board in the background. That's how you know we're klassy peeps.
Trying to get a pose of her holding still.
Then she obliged me by starting to dance around.
View from the back. Tutus normally rise up in the back.
And up the nose.
This was the tutu that I didn't want Santa to get any credit on. However, this is also the first platter tutu I've ever made. And since it doesn't have a hoop in it, it's technically not a pancake tutu but a Balanchine type (think Degas). Since I'd forgotten to take into account the widest part of a toddler is not the hips like an adult, but over the diaper/bum, this tutu will fit for approximately 3.2 seconds. I have all the stuff to make a second one and am contemplating making it in a tutorial if anyone is interested.
Just so you know we don't completely buy into gender stereotypes, Liam also received a tiara and fairy wand. Aaaaand, we finally got living furniture, which I will give you a tour of when I finally finish the living room.
No comments:
Post a Comment