I usually avoid blogging trends and overly twee, cutesy ideas. But I came across this 101 in 1000 days idea. You can get all the info at this website. It sounded like a good self-improvement project to occupy my time. So here's my list of 87 in 1001 because I've been working on this for over month and I'm running out of ideas. I'll come up with 14 more eventually. I reserve to the right to change it due to evolving needs/desires in the future (Crossed out have been completed):
Start date: 09/01/2013
End date: 05/29/2016
Health/Fitness
Get to 145 lbs, within healthy BMI
Get to 130 lbs
Get to 120 lbs
Be able to do a double pirouette on both sides
Be able to do the splits on both sides
Do a Pilates class without cheating
Be able to run a mile without stopping
Get back on pointe
Participate in a dance recital
Travel/Day Trips
London, UK
Vancouver, BC
Disneyland
Leavenworth, WA
Deception Point, WA
Spend Christmas time somewhere other than home
Portland, OR
Eugene, OR
Ashland, OR
One other international trip, destination tbd
Drive down the 101 from Astoria (yay Goonies!) to either Florence or Newport
Financial
Pay off credit card
Pay off student loan
Pay off car
Buy minivan
Save 6 months living expenses
Write a living will and living trust
Double contributions to kids's 529 plans
Go a month without spending money on anything other than living expenses
Go a month without eating out
Donate money to a local food pantry
Donate money to the school for a sponsorship of some sort
Switch our accounts in Utah to a local credit union
Home/Garden
Paint hallway
Paint bedroom
Frame and hang the kids's blessing and dol hanboks
Make 72-hr kits
Build 1 year supply
Finish decorating the kids's rooms
Use every type of produce from the garden
Design and commission a piece of art
Create the perfect bed (down comforter, feather bed, high quality sheets, find a bed frame I like-been looking for two years and counting)
Food/cooking
Take a chocolate making class
Take a knife skills class
Learn to make profiteroles and build a croquembouche
Bake a proper loaf of bread (still having problems with bread)
Host a garden party
Host Christmas brunch
With Justin's help, cook an entire meal campfire style with dutch oven
Make pasta from scratch
Learn how to shuck oysters
Learn to make macarons
Try a geoduck
Organize the family recipes into a cookbook
Learn to make hollandaise sauce
Beauty/Fashion
Visit a Korean spa and get a scrub
Get a haircut and deep conditioning at a salon
Be brave enough to wear an all red outfit
Get dressed up in a kick-ass outfit, hair and make-up, and go out on the town
Sewing/Crafting
Sew a Merida dress for Alana
Fold 1000 paper cranes
Knit a sweater
Design, drape and sew a dress
Tailor a coat
Sew a corset
Adventures
See the Nutcracker with the kids
Take the kids to a U-pick farm
Kayak Lake Washington
Go digging for clams
Go crabbing
Take the kids to a star party
Take the kids to a kangaroo zoo
Ride the ducks
Go camping in a yurt (okay, you can stop laughing now)
Cultural/Academic
Take the COMPASS test
Read at least 75 books off the BBC The Big Read list (currently at 51, the Very Hungry Caterpillar but no Agatha Christie... seriously, guys?)
Write a song for the kids
Read all of Kurt Vonnegut's novels (I've read 5/14)
Relearn the Korean alphabet (third times the charm! Maybe this time it'll stick)
Read all of Beverly Cleary's books
Random
Beat Twilight Princess 100%
Host another blog giveaway with something I've made
Do 23andMe
Go one day without a computer
Do Secret Santa for kids about Liam and Alana's age
Family portraits
Get passport for Justin and the kids
Your list both inspires and exhausts me. I especially like the goal to visit Ashland OR...and I also would like to camp in a yurt, so we can just laugh at each other.
ReplyDelete