My sister came into town, us three siblings took our kids to the Seattle Aquarium. There's not too much to post about except that both of my kids were obsessed with the jelly fish which they recognized from Ponyo. There's a computer to help identify the fish in a giant tank in the atrium which attracted Liam's interest. And there was a diver vacuuming dead coral out of the tank and Alana completely fell in love:
Diver Jim was very sweet and kept waving to Alana.
We have an ant problem. They live in the walls and come out through the outlets and any gaps in the dry wall. They finally found the pantry but thankfully, due to the humidity in Seattle, I had most of the food in plastic bags or containers, so I ended up only having to throw away some peanut butter crackers and a container of honey. Justin cut some wood strips that we nailed over the gap between the dry wall and back of the pantry door, an area that the builders chose not to finish. Grrrrr.
And because I'm a complete glutton for punishment, I decided to paint the pantry so for three days our kitchen looked like this:
But my kitchen is now back to normal and I've seen nary an ant (in the kitchen).
In other news, the rhuematologist and I decided to stop the methotrexate as it didn't seem to be working and all my hair was falling out. My hairline is now back about a quarter of an inch and there's inch long hairs all over my scalp from the hair starting to grow back. Fortunately all hair loss is supposed to be temporary.


No comments:
Post a Comment