I want a divorce. From my body.
Two years ago, I originally went to the doctor for a suspicious lump in my breast that was the beginning of hell on earth for me. Weirdly, she seemed less worried about that and more worried that it's normally months between periods. Subsequent blood testing indicated I have pcos, which explained why it had been difficult to get pregnant and the extreme weight gain I'd had, exacerbated by depression. She told me to consider an IUD to help prevent endometriosis. Worried about other things, I decided to put off that decision until I could think about anything else other than my boob.
After two years, I guess the endometriosis was tired of me ignoring it, because I'm currently curled up on my couch while my uterus has a death grip on my nervous system. The only good thing is that it reminded me to call my doctor for an appointment. At which point I can give her the laundry list of symptoms I've been having and prepare myself for the forthcoming "I told you so." Weird thing I learned today: the Korean word for "uterus" is 자궁 (jagung), which I interpreted to mean "person palace."
For those of you keeping score at home, the ways I'm breaking down is:
osteoarthritis in my feet
psos
endometriosis
insulin resistance/ pre-diabetes
idiopathic granuloma mastitis
fatty liver
depression
bi-polar II
general anxiety
I'm hoping my life insurance carrier never find this post, or I'm never going to get insured again.
The other problem is I've felt like chronic sickness has made me look .... let's just say less that spectacular. There's a fine line between low maintenance and slovenly, and I feel like I might have crossed that line a while ago. Here's a picture I took after I realized I hadn't put in contacts for a week, it might have been a few days since I'd showered, and I don't know when I'd last brushed my hair.
Who wouldn't love to hit that? Also have no idea why my left arm looks twice as big as my right other than I'm a terrible photographer. Of all the ways I'm a freak, that is not one of them.
I don't wear makeup. Not like "oh, I don't wear makeup (that you can see)"- I don't even own a tube of mascara. My goal is to now shower regularly, get my hair trimmed more than once a year, and actually find some clothes that fit. You know, like a normal person. Any recommendations of skincare and makeup would be much appreciated. I've dry Asian skin, any perspective on that is great. And most importantly:
I like the sentiment even if Kimora Lee Simmons is a little nuts. Korean powers activate?


I guess the comment I posted yesterday didn't work. Anyway, Amen. It is so hard having a body that doesn't function right. Lame lame lame.
ReplyDelete