Thursday, March 31, 2016

My Little Korean

I sometimes call Alana my little Korean. She feels way more Korean than Liam. Mostly because she's more interested in Korean culture. She's obsessed with her Korean name, she's loved kimchi ever since she got her first taste, and will prance around in her hanbok at the slightest chance. She told me she wants to take Korean lessons, and will scream "Oppa!" at Liam at the playground.

There is no "F" or "V" sound in Korean, so they sometimes get pronounced like B's, P's, or H's. Last night I was explaining what "novel" meant to Liam, when I hear Alana singing "na-bel, nabel" over in the corner. Earlier in the day, she had called what we call a "force tickle" (when you are able to tickle someone across the room without touching them" as a "horse tickle."

Very cute. For the record, she can pronounce "F" and "V", but sometimes the wires get crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment