It is now 11:30 at night and Justin's kid (yes you did read that right) is awake and ready to play. We've now tried three different bedtimes and each time, Liam sleeps for about an hour and then wakes up one, screaming or two, laughing like a manic. Either way, he refuses to go back to sleep until after midnight. Before I get too much advice, we have a set bedtime routine and I've tried the Ferber method. The latter results in my blood pressure rising and a great Jack-Jack impression.
Any suggestions? Here's the look that Liam's giving me right now.
Enjoy staying up late! At this age there's not a whole lot you can do if they don't want to sleep. Ken and I would take shifts so we each got a little sleep and were equally grouchy the next day. It doesn't last. Until the next baby....
ReplyDeleteSo true, what Mindy says. I have a friend whose baby was always ready to play around midnight, so she just decided to suck it up and make the middle of the night her sewing time, project time, etc. Gradually, he'll get tired earlier and earlier. It really can be frustrating, but if you go with the flow, it makes for a happier mama. :) On a more advice-y note, is he taking an evening nap? I'm not sure what his napping schedule is, but if he's sleeping into the evening it could have something to do with it. But who knows? Babies are fun that way. Fun blog, by the way - I don't think I had told you yet. I LOVE the pictures of Liam - he is adorable.
ReplyDelete