Liam is getting better about toddling around. He now stands at any chance and will try to take a couple of steps before he falls over and crawls the rest of the way. He usually can walk between furniture without falling over too much. I think my "peaceful" days are over.
I finally decided to read the Stephanie Meyer series, the Twilight Saga to see what all the hoopla was about. I must say it was the most romantic........literary piece of garbage I ever read. I'm not heavily into Danielle Steele, bodice ripping good time type of books in the first place, but this seemed excessively self-indulgent. The first book I will admit had some redeeming qualities because it had a plot, but after that, the books quickly digressed into long dialogs that went something like this:
"I love you more."
"No, I love you more."
"No, I love YOU more."
The last book was probably the worst of all because it took 700 pages to get to the climax and then they talk their way out of trouble. At least in Harry Potter where the important part was not the battle, there was a satisfying fight to end the series. The series could have easily been condensed into two, maybe three books with no plot lost. I also found the main character Bella to be a grade A, first class ninny. I know that she was supposed to fragile and doll like, but it came across as just plain annoying. I was so OD'ed on romance by the time I was done, I cheered when they killed Marion on the BBC version of Robin Hood (spoilers!). Also from a prose stand point, Meyer needs to work not using more than one pronoun when there are two subject in a sentence. I also often had to count back on the number quotations to figure out who the heck was speaking. Not only does this show terrible composition, but a lack in different voices. I blame, despite the denials, the upcoming movie on this tripe for the postponement of the next Harry Potter. Grrrrr.
In other news. I'm pregnant. More to come on that later.
I find more and more that I'm glad that I didn't read those books.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the baby! When are you due? I've been kinda wondering ever since you posted your getting pregnant plan.
Miranda! This is Michelle Castillo from HS. I hope that you don't mind me reading your blog! It is nice to catch up with people! Congrats on the not so recent news of the marriage and baby! Liam is adorable!
ReplyDeleteI have recently started a blog it is shelly-c.blogspot.com