Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Jon and Kate plus 8......and a lot of tranquilizers

I occasionally watch TLC's Jon and Kate plus 8 in the background when I'm doing stuff if there is nothing else on. This show embodies most of my parenting nightmares: multiple children, lots of children, and becoming the most controlling freak mother like Kate.

So, at this point in my pregnancy, I would really just like to find a dark room and die. I have bad morning sickness. This is not the nausea all day, feel like lying down morning sickness that people usually think is "bad". This is sprint for the bathroom every two minutes and can't keep anything down, thinking of hospitalization bad morning sickness. Unfortunately, I also have to take care of Liam. He's been mostly good lately, but I feel bad when I have to close him in a room while I take off for the bathroom because he doesn't understand why he's being abandoned, albeit temporarily. Justin assures me that I was just this bad with Liam. I remember being sick...I just don't remember the marathon vomiting (TMI alert). My mom tells me that Mother Nature plays plenty of tricks on our memories; otherwise, we'd never have more than one kid.

I'm currently nine weeks, but I really should be further along. The doctor pushed back my due date (April 2nd) based on the ultrasound-I'm very dubious. Liam's EDD was pushed back two weeks and then I delivered 15 days "early". I'm surprised that I'm not fat already because I thought you were supposed to show earlier with subsequent pregnancies, particularly if they are close together. Last time I was out of my pants at 10 weeks, but this time, my jeans are still falling down (a usual problem with my pants). Maybe it's because I was 25 lbs heavier when I got pregnant with Liam and don't have the extra flab this time around. But I bought some maternity pants anyway, and I just need to get my shirts back from my sister and Erika and I might actually have enough clothes this time around!

I realize that we haven't posted any pictures of Liam on the interweb since May. It's because currently the pictures are being held hostage on the computer with a dead power supply and we can't get them uploaded. Plus the camera has been alternately dead and resurrected since June. They will eventually show up. Maybe when Liam hits college.

No comments:

Post a Comment