Thursday, January 15, 2009

My Tenuous Hold on Reality...

Has finally snapped. Liam woke up this morning in fine form. Other than the usual graceful wake up (yup, he's my kid), he decided to try to climb the kitty gate into their bathroom, throw a tantrum because his dad wouldn't let him into the study, throw a tantrum because I told him to get off my sewing table, throw a tantrum because it's Thursday....you get the idea.

A couple of weeks ago I realized I should just embrace the insanity. I have to preface this story with saying that I'd been having crazy food aversions and NOTHING had sounded good for a while. Liam decided to start at six in the morning but obviously was not ready to wake up, so I took him back to our bed for a while. I was dreaming that I had finally found the food I'd been craving and was trying to eat it in my sleep. I woke up to find that I was SUCKING on my son's head. And I can't even remember what the food was.

I'm now officially 29 weeks from my April 2nd due date, which I think is a load of bull. I think it much more likely I'll be closer to my original due date of March 26th, making me 30 weeks. I'll go with 30 weeks.

1 comment:

  1. My husband thinks I'm crazy because I just started laughing inexplicably - I had to show him the whole "sucking on my son's head" thing...and he is still looking at me oddly.

    ReplyDelete