Thursday, April 22, 2010

If it wasn't in Utah and if it wasn't twice as much as we could afford....


Justin and I used to live right next to this house in the Avenues. It was GORGEOUS but run down. I used to walk by it everyday on my way home from work. Sometime in that year, someone bought it, spend over a half million renovating it, and then put it back on the market for $1.8M. Since then, the bottom fell out of the market, and it's been for sale ever since. I check on it occasionally because I thought it was such an awesome house. Today, I looked at it and found that the price had dropped to 560K. Sad. I felt bad for the owner because they are obviously going to lose a bunch of money on it. Someday I dream of owning an awesome house like this, but it will probably never happen.

2 comments:

  1. Dude - that IS an awesome house... and huge. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often wish that I was moving to SLC instead of Logan for teh next five years, because I would loooove to snap up on of those houses for dirt cheap.

    ReplyDelete