Thursday, August 25, 2011

Family pictures

Shortly before we left Utah, we got some family portraits done. Since our wedding photos were lost in an episode of photographer stupidity, I wanted a more formal feel to them. These are some of the highlights of the session:






The parrot was the photographer's. Alana latched onto it and I wasn't sure if she was going to let us give it back.









On the recommendation of my sister-in-law, I went with Amy Springer at Tilt Photography. She was absolutely amazing. She worked really great with the kids (Liam was threatening to have a melt down at the beginning of the session but was perfectly fine after Amy drew him out of his shell.) and had the most reasonable rates of anyone I called. While comparing photographers I was appalled at some of the prices that people were asking, especially since several of them seemed nothing more than bored housewives with a good camera. I highly recommend Amy!

5 comments:

  1. I love these. They turned out great! You're dress is gorgeous! It's good to have the name of a good photographer; they can be hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome. I love them. And I really love the top of your dress with the lace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are beautiful! I absolutely love your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is amazing! and I agree about the bored housewives with a camera. Such a sad state of life.... these look profesh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of these!!! Especially that you went with formal, which I always thought would be fun.

    ReplyDelete