Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I think I have the skills to become a ninja

So, some of you might remember when Liam decided to lock us into the nursery because we'd turn the door to lock on the outside and I had to pop the lock with a light saber from a miniature Star Wars figure. After that adventure, you'd have thunk that I learned my lesson.

HOWEVER, last Friday I realized I've learned nothing. When Liam throws a tantrum, he runs to his room and locks the door before he slams it, locking just himself in. But last Friday I was making Liam's bed and for some reason Justin and Alana were also in Liam's room when Liam decided to have a tantrum. Which resulted in all four of us locked in. ARGH. After trying to jimmy the door with a credit card we realized we were really stuck. Fortunately Justin had his keys on him, so I climbed out the window to above the garage, climbed down the roof and jumped down to the walkway and opened the front door. Yay fun especially for the acrophobic.

So I'm going to have to bury a key in my front yard and/or give my brother a key so I can call him the next time one of the children locks me in their room. Or I should become a ninja. Either/or.

2 comments:

  1. What do you mean become a ninja? Sounds like you're already a ninja.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will happily rescue you. But I do like the idea of you crawling through windows and down roofs to free your whole family.

    ReplyDelete