Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Dragging

So I was going to post a political post today, but I'm not really in the mood. But go Obama!

I've been dragging for the past couple of days, which I think is just leftover from the sleep deprivation. I think I'm getting every side effect from the prednisone, but just one at a time. First I had the nausea, then I tried to eat everything in sight, then the insomnia/crazies set in, and now I have crazy acne. I didn't even have acne as a teenager (humble brag) so this is a little disconcerting when I'm closer to 30 than my teens.

So yesterday I went back to my original doctor to see what my endocrinology panel said. It's been confirmed that I have poly-cystic ovarian syndrome. Mostly this is not a big deal. She wants to keep me on the metformin to see if it helps regulate my cycle out. It also will help cut my chances of developing diabetes, something that is higher now because of the PCOS and also the high blood sugar I had when pregnant with Liam. Oh and apparently, this might have been a problem for a long time and the reason that it was so hard for me to get pregnant in the first place. Hooray for long term health problems. Fortunately as far as diseases go, this is definitely not a bad one to have. I will have to get yearly hemoglobin A1Cs for the diabetes, and if the metformin doesn't work, then I will have to get an IUD to stave off endometriosis. Yay?

I'm a little bored and unmotivated right now. Maybe I need a project. Or I should get a job. Or go back to school. Or something. Maybe this is why Mormon women have so many kids. At least something keeps you busy when kids hit school age.

Yesterday I:

Went to a doctor (didn't freak out this time)
Cleaned my kitchen

Today I:

Went to the gym (yay!)
Laundry
Napped

No comments:

Post a Comment