After a very long and trying day (thoughts and prayers to Boston), Justin read The Cat and the Hat to the kids at bedtime.
I told him how Alana had come out of speech therapy with a star sticker she had stuck on her tummy. I told her she was a star bellied sneetch, which made her SLP happy because according to her, no one knows that story (?). This led to a conversation about the morals of Dr. Seuss books. The Cat and the Hat is about stranger danger. Horton Hears a Who is apparently about racism.
Me: "But Star Bellied Sneetches is also about racism."
Justin: "No, the moral is find a niche market with a good demand and you can make a ton of money."
Me: "We're so going to burn."
Regular blogging will resume when I finally get more than 3 hours of sleep a night.
No comments:
Post a Comment