Wednesday, May 22, 2013

2 Years

Today marks the 2 year anniversary of moving to Seattle. Two years ago, Justin and I arrived with our kids and two other long suffering people, Mike and Risa. While it hasn't been the easiest two years (Seattle winters are brutal), I will say this: moving out of Utah is the best anti-depressant ever.

This Spring I declared war on our backyard. I'd largely ignore a lot of it, letting the weeds take over the beds, allowing trees to grow unfettered, and dandelions to go unchecked on the lawn. But this year, I was tired of tripping over a bumpy lawn and unseen roots and looking at the patchiest, thinnest, most pathetic grass ever. I forcefully conscripted Justin into my cause, and so far we've aerated, thatched, raked, top dressed, and now finally over-seeded the lawn. The aerating, thatching, and seeding we hired a company to do, but the raking and top dressing took us weeks. But now it's been over-seeded and the real challenge begins: keeping the kids off of it for at least four weeks. Here's hoping for a nice thick lawn!

Murgatroyd appears to maybe making some headway. After the initial lump started to drain, for four MONTHS, the granuloma has gotten very small. So either it's going away on it's own, or the methotraxate is working enough to keep it in check. However, the second granuloma is still going strong and staying about the same size. Ugh.

Sorry about the lack of posts. I've been feeling less than perky and creative lately. But we're alive and still going strong. And fighting the good fight (against weeds.)

No comments:

Post a Comment