First full day in Danang, Risa took me to the Marble Mountains. Danang is famous for its marble. We went up the Thuy Son (water mountain), which had a ton of stairs and a Buddhist sanctuary at the top. Here's a picture dump:
These stairs were seriously treacherous. I was afraid I was going to fall down them.
There were 156 to the summit.
The top had tons of pavilions, gardens, and temples.
Up to the lookout.
One of the other five mountains
This is Bodhisattva Quan Am, an enlightened being in the Buddhism. She was a princess in Vietnam as well.
Certain dates of the year, light streams through this hole in the ceiling.
I took an up close picture of the marble. It's pretty cool to see up close because it's actually quite rough.
To get up to another summit, you have to squeeze through a crack in the rock. It gave me a little bit of a panic attack because heights AND small spaces, but I got though it okay.
View of the ocean.
This was my favourite pagoda.
This Buddha was hidden away in a crevice. You'd turn the corner and then there'd be a 10 ft Buddha suddenly.
Rocks just falling down and balancing randomly.
This Buddha was quite new since is was white and carved in a different style.
There's apparently a lot of these half finished abandoned buildings. They were resorts that got started, and then the economy tanked so they are just left.
No comments:
Post a Comment