
Justin's work always does a black tie affair for a Christmas every year. The problem I'm running into is the dresses I can find are 1) sleeveless, 2) ugly, 3) expensive, or 4) all of the above. So I keep thinking that I'll just sew one. The few patterns that I can find for maternity dresses however, still fall into one or more of the above categories. Maybe I should start designing for pregnant women. Anyway, my thoughts now are to try to find a pattern with a high enough waist that I could stuff enough fabric into the skirt, or to buy a maternity dress and try to alter it.
I went to the Body Worlds exhibit over the weekend. I'm a morbid enough person that the show was not at all disturbing to me and I could find it interesting. Until I got to the part about the fetuses (or feti if you're TAMN). They had plastinated an 18 week old fetus. Guess which week I'm in. I really feel like I should say something about the miracle of how a baby grows or something sappy like that, but really, all I could think about was there was a woman in the world who had been this pregnant and miscarried. It was a sobering and scary thought.
We had the body world exhibit up here last year. I loved it. My hubby wouldn't go because he thought it was disgusting but I found it fascinating. Our local musuem has a display of fetuses for every week of pregnancy. After seeing that I can't imagine how people can think that abortion is not murder. Good luck finding a dress! You'll have to post what you find and/or put together.
ReplyDelete