Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm grumpy Part II

So last night I didn't get any sleep because Justin woke me up when he came to bed at who knows how late. While I was NOT sleeping, I finished Atonement by Ian McEwan. It's a good book, and probably better than the movie, which I have not seen yet. Bit wordy though. The funny thing is that I had just finished reading I Capture the Castle by Dodi Smith, and it was really interesting to compare the two in my head. Both are about precocious teenage girls in the 1930s who are dealing with their growing awareness of romance and human sexuality. Sure one commits perjury and the other watches her family sell their souls for money, but it's all good.

Another contribution to my mood is that I'm 20 weeks today. That in its self isn't the problem; it's that it's another two weeks until my ultrasound. Most of the time, I can be patient and enjoy looking forward to big events, but this time around, I want to know the health and gender of the baby right NOW. I get on the babycenter.com groups and find out that women due in May already had their level II ultrasounds and are buying pink or blue socks, and I still don't know. Grrr.

I did find this Twilight spoof this morning that helped lighten my mood.

1 comment:

  1. Atonement is amazing - I loved that book. Funnily enough, I also read it right after finishing I Capture the Castle! Weird. If you really want another juxtaposition, go read The English Patient now, which is how I finished up my unintentional WWII trilogy.

    Good luck waiting out the next two weeks!

    ReplyDelete