A GIRL.
At least the doctor is fairly sure. She didn't want to hold still for any of the measurements the dr needed and wouldn't unclench her legs to let us get a peek. The doctor managed to get a quick look as she was rolling over. He saw an absence of anything sticking out and the tell tale three lines that it's a girl. They're going to check at the next appointment to make sure, but he sounded fairly confident.
Now that I've found out that it's a girl, not much has changed. I just needed to know. I realized a couple of days ago that I would be sad and happy either way. I was watching last week's House episode and when the two little boys were holding hands at the end, I thought it would be nice if Liam had a little brother. But I also wanted a girl sometime, so I guess that it's happening now.
I also have some promises to make to this future daughter. I promise to try to protect you from Liam's poking and prodding. I promise to try to keep ridiculous hair bows and frilly dresses to a minimum. I promise to not subject you to Bratz or Madame Alexander dolls. I promise no pink (not too much anyway)! I promise that you're coming to parents and brother who love you and are going to give you lots of cuddles and kisses!
Yay, congratulations!
ReplyDeleteHow fun, I'm so excited for you guys! Congrats!
ReplyDelete