I try to read a book to Liam before we put him to bed. The golden books seem like endless possibilities, and I particularly love the Frances books by Russell and Lillian Hoban. But tonight I found a book on my parent's shelf called The New Baby by Cyndy Szekeres. Since Liam is going still be fairly little when the baby is born, there isn't too much we can do to prepare him. I decided to read this book to him tonight anyway. I highly suggest that you DON'T read this book. There was a sad part where the kid is sitting at the table waiting for breakfast despite the fact there are four other older people in the house. I told Liam not to worry, we'd always make sure he was fed.
And then I had one of those, "Oh, crap, what have I gotten myself into" moments.
I don't think that it's entirely that they'll be super close together; I just am starting to freak out that I'm going to have two kids to take care in about four more months. Help!
No comments:
Post a Comment