Okay, so I just read the most horrible book, These is My Words by Nancy E. Turner. The worst thing about it? It was INCREDIBLY well written. The prose was actually really good and she used several interesting tactics, like improvement of the narrator's spelling, grammar, descriptions etc over the years (it is in diary format).
HOWEVER, definitely a book I should not have read while pregnant. In the first "chapter" alone, three people die and two girls are raped. And then it goes downhill from there. I actually stayed up until about four in the morning reading it the night I started because I knew that if I put it down, I would not be able to pick it back up again, and since I'm reading it for book club, I had to finish it. Afterwards, it got tossed into the pile of books that I'm proud to have read once, and will never read again (et tu, Good Earth?).
No comments:
Post a Comment