and buy new shoes. I hate shoe shopping. I didn't like it before I had kids and I absolutely HATE it now. Chasing two kids around Payless isn't my idea of a fun time. So below is all the shoes that I own and the reasons they need to be replaced (starting in the back with the boots, heading right and down)
Boots: I'm not much of a boot person, but I decided with the 40 feet of snow we get around here, I probably should have some. However, I decided this sometime in March one year, so I got like two choises. Still, keep.
Black buckles: These shoes don't fit; they have 3 inch heels which aren't really conducive to chasing two kids around, and I've had them since high school (seriously). Toss.
Black ankle boots: Don't fit, pain to tie them, and I've had them since jr. high. Seriously. Toss.
Brown: I actually love these shoes, but the backs are wearing out and I used to wear them to the lab that I worked in, so I don't want to think about all the bodily fluids they're probably covered in. Toss.
Red heels: I bought these because they were so ugly I loved them (they had these Grecian ties that wrapped up the leg; I cut them off). They are filthy and the silver liner is coming off. Still I think I'll keep them if I can fix that. Keep.
Black heels: I love these ones too, but the lining is coming off these too. I need to find some good glue. Keep.
Black flats: I've had these shoes also since high school. They are extremely comfortable since they're Keds, but you can see where I cut off the bows from the front, and they have holes in them. Toss.
Black heels: The only closed toed heels that I own. Keep even though they're kind of ugly and uncomfortable.
Black athletic: I love these shoes but they're really dirty. They're very comfortable and I can wear them most places, but not to church which is where I secretly do want to wear them. Keep even though it looks like I spilled flour on them.
Gold ballet flats: These shoes got my through my pregnancies. They are filthy. Toss.
Green athletic: I bought these because I loved the colour. They looked like melted pistachio ice cream. They are filthy, worn out, and don't go with anything. Toss.
So I'm left with a pair of knee boots; three pairs of heels, two of which need fixing, and a pair of black athletic shoes. Hmmmm, think it's time to go shopping.

I vote for a pair of these sketchers:http://www.skechers.com/shoes-and-clothing/women/styles/casual_shoes/product/jubilee_-_abbey/toff/
ReplyDeleteThey come in a million colors and different materials (leather, maybe canvas, I don't know.) I had a pair and I thought they were really comfortable and cute.
Oh, or buy lands end shoes from sears.
ReplyDeleteI still remember those black shoes from high school... I will miss them! I hate shoe shopping too, but mostly because 9 1/2 gets missed at most stores for cute and/or ones that you can put arch supports in. Good luck! If you go on a Saturday or evening, I'd be happy to chase the kiddos around the store with you :)
ReplyDeleteI probably love shoe shopping as much as you hate it. A lot of sites like Piperlime have free shipping both ways so you can return them if they don't work out. Let me know if you want to go to the store together.
ReplyDeleteAlso, what size are you? I have some hardly-worn shoes I need to get rid of (I know, shocker--right?)
Shoe shopping is fun, crazy lady! So much better than the alternate kinds of shopping which can be much more demoralizing - jean, swimsuit, etc. Even when my bum has grown, my feet still manage to look petite.
ReplyDeleteI would recommend you don't go to Payless so much. Kind of high priced for shoes that won't last. And they really don't have any cute ones anymore. I say embrace online shopping (I just bought my running shoes at a huge dicount at onlineshoes.com) Most online places offer free shipping and returns.
Or, if not online, go to Kohls or Famous Footwear or something like that. The prices are not much more than Payless but the shoes are cuter and more durable. Make Justin watch the kids on Saturday and go buy yourself some shoes. Wish I was there to give more unsolicited advice! :)
Remember how we "lost" one of your boots in the creek once upon a time? No, no, getting rid of shoes has never been easy for you, has it? :)
ReplyDelete