It's just because I am.
I had one of those days. One of those Oh-my-hell-I-don't-want-to-be-Utah-anymore-and-it's-taking-all-my-strength-not-to-pack-up-the-kids-and-head-off-for-my-sister's days. And if she hadn't been gone this weekend, I just might have.
I could barely get up this morning. I didn't take the kids to their class like I was supposed to because I looked outside and there was snow. Crap. I've spent most of the day watching Sesame Street and Buffy the Vampire Slayer (one of those was when the kids were asleep, I'll let you guess which). Double crap. Luckily, tonight is a crock pot dinner and then I plan on vegging and contemplating how next month marks the beginning of the absolutely last year I have to spend here.
You and my mom should keep each other company on days like this. She hates it here, too, and can't wait to get out. (And with her it's not just the weather -- though I'm sure you're dislike as a lot to do with our lovely uber-Mormon culture as well.) I would miss her if she moved, of course, but I'm excited for them to move so she is happier, so they can live somewhere warm and more diverse, and so that I have the selfish opportunity to get on a plane more frequently and visit them. Anyway, I just wanted you to know someone else fills your pain and you're definitely not the only one getting through those days by watching kids shows, though I think I'd die if ever found out my mom's a closet Buffy fa.
ReplyDelete