Wednesday, April 7, 2010

In which I ramble. A lot.

Yesterday was my birthday. I wasn't sure what do for a post because I wasn't exactly happy about turning 25. I told Justin that even though I was married and had two kids, at 25, I might just have to start being an adult.

As usual, it snowed on my birthday and as usual, I was sick. This year it's just a slight cold, not pneumonia like my 11th birthday.

It was a good day still. I went up to Faith's sister house where her mom and sister proceeded to stuff me full of soba noodles, dukk boki, and ho dukk. I also got lunch and show watching a Korean household. Then for dinner my mother in law took us out for Thai food. So instead of the bitter "I'm gettin' old" post, I've decided to re-introduce myself. I know there are a lot of new readers to this blog.


Hi. My name is Miranda. At least my English name. My name originally was Baek Song-Hwa, hence the blog address.

I'm married to Justin. It'll be six years next month. Yes, all you people that did that math, I was 19 when I got married. I was a child bride, what can I say? This is our wedding picture that I uploaded on our crappy scanner. I made my dress, so I'm proud of it. My mom made the veil, which was my favourite part. It was 2 1/2 yards of embroidered chiffon with a rolled ribbon edge. This picture was taken at the Brigham Young Academy (Provo Library).


I have two fat babies, Liam (2) and Alana (1). They are 18 months apart. I stay at home with them, and they most definitely are a handful. People assure me it gets easier, but I think it's all a collective lie, just like Santa Clause.

I live in Utah. I hate it. I hate everything from the politics to the weather. When I finally move, I'll miss a few people, most of whom plan on moving out of the state too, and Rhodes frozen rolls. I currently am sitting my parents's house because they're in Korea and won't be back until next year. When they come back, we plan on moving somewhere else. The UK would be my first choise with Seattle being a close second.




I'm from Korea originally. I was adopted by an American family when I was two, but we continued to live in Seoul for a while after that. Then we moved to Singapore where we lived for four years. I actually didn't move to the US until I was almost 12, and the only place I've live is in Utah, which might be why my idea of Americans is a little skewed.

I'm good at sewing, a decent cook, and a lousy photographer. I'm a liberal, a feminist, and a smart-ass. I'm also Mormon, but hate green jell-o and Twilight and hunting, so I'm likely to be excommunicated. I went to BYU and hated every minute. That's pretty much me in a nutshell, but feel free to ask me reasonable questions!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Miranda! I love the wedding picture. I was there, but I forgot how beautiful you looked that day! I will over look the slight to the rest of us that you are calling yourself old at 25! :) It's a good age. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself the other day; you should come up to Jan's house with me more often. I'm looking forward to continuing the birthday extravagance on Saturday--yum, dim sum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Good job on the dress. And double wow -- you are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! 25 is a great year - I hope you love it. You were indeed a gorgeous bride and now you are a gorgeous mommy, so not too much has changed. :) So wish I could come up to Jan's, too - I salivate at the thought!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your wedding dress! One of these days when you aren't making costumes or doing other projects, I'll have to hire you to sew me a new temple dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may not love Utah, but I was so glad that you moved into my ward! Your wedding dress was beautiful! I'm so impressed. Wish I had that talent! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dress is GORGEOUS!! It was so fun to see a wedding picture. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your dress a lot! And I had even decided to compliment it before you said you made it haha. I swear I'm not just sucking up.
    Also, happy late birthday!

    ReplyDelete