On Saturday, I hosted a party/blogger meetup. It was fun. The attendees were Risa, Nikki, Shelly, Brooke and my new internet friend, Di. We stuffed ourselves with dim sum for dinner. If you don't know, dim sum literally translates to "little bit of heart" which sounds absolutely disgusting, but in reality just means little treats from leftovers in the kitchen. Afterwards, we watched New Moon without the rifftrax because we came up with plenty of our own witty diatribes. It convinced Nikki to never read the books, and Risa, the queen of corny terrible movies, to NEVER trust my bad movie night choices again.
Char siu bao, breading around pork filling
Pork potstickers, mandu, gyoza, whatever you want to call them
Scallion pancakes
Ha gow, shrimp and bamboo shoots
Hazelnut ravioli (recipe link on the right)
Not pictured: spring rolls





I think I managed to eat at least one of everything except the spring rolls. Totally beat my restaurant dim sum experience too.
ReplyDeleteDude... I dreamt Saturday night that Edward was trying to save Bella from Voldemort - who was hiding in the pipes in her house. Then Voldemort came out and attacked Edward and turned him into Frankenstein... and I actually thought in the dream "Wow, can these movies get any more messed up?" Honestly, sounds like a much better movie in my opinion :) I may have to watch Vampire Assassin again just to get the bad taste out of my mouth... (the worst movie ever made btw, but not as nauseating as Twilight)
ReplyDeleteRisa ... best dream ever.
ReplyDeleteThe food was so amazing! I'm definitely planning an attempt at the nutella recipe. Thanks again for the fun night!
You know I've been waiting to see those pics! Problem is, now I'm hungry for dim sum with none in sight. Wah.
ReplyDelete