Saturday, October 27, 2012

Mania and why I hate Halloween

So that past couple of days I've woken up (before my alarm went off) feeling like I could take on the world. Is this how normal people feel? For the past year, I've been dragging myself out of bed, obsessed when the next time I could take a nap was, and feeling like everything I did, I did moving through waist deep mud. I'm thinking that I AM going through a manic period that I occasionally get, but it's just a euphoric mania instead of a dysphoric one. Dysphoric mania usually ends up with me fighting with everyone and trying to rip up the furniture with the bread knife.

The rare times I get manias (maybe once a year) usually are marked by me spending a lot of money and starting a bunch of projects, convinced that I can do everything. Sometimes I sign up to be costume director of a play. Or a color guard instructor. Or painting half my kitchen and then forgetting about the rest of it for a year and a half. You know, the usual stuff. I also get really jittery, have a tendency to lose weight really easily because I forget to eat, and get really impatient people because they are too slow. Basically, I turn into Paris Gellar from Gilmore Girls.

I'm going to still list my accomplishments because this has become an interesting exercise in what I actually get done in my day, but you can expect my lists to get very sporratic and probably to stop making sense (why sure, I totally thought that the roof needed to be scrubbed down with a toothbrush).

I also hate Halloween. I think this holiday embodies everything that is wrong with our society. I hate the slutty costumes, the stupid scary movies, the idiot teenagers that show up on my doorstep at 10 at night with no costumes expecting candy. I told off a teenager at the trunk or treat tonight because he tried to get candy from my multiple times and he wasn't even wearing a costume. Seriously?

Yesterday I:

Scrubbed out my fridge
Sewed- 2 skirts, 1 dress, one bow for Minnie Mouse ears, one pillow cover, a tabard, and got halfway through a doublet.

Today:

Went to my ballet class
Finished the doublet
Took the kids to a trunk or treat

2 comments:

  1. You just sewed more in one day than I am capable of sewing in my entire lifetime! I bet it all looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with all the excess mojo! I feel that way sometimes too but about going back to school, so I research for hours or days and then I end up doing nothing... so at least scrubbing half the ceiling with a toothbrush is an improvement on that :) Your description reminds me of Bender in the "Rebirth" episode of Futurama - I couldn't find a good clip in youtube but I suggest you watch it and see if you will explode if you stand still, could be interesting!

    ReplyDelete