Someone page Doctor House for me. Mostly because I want to meet Hugh Laurie.
So I got a call this afternoon from the very sweet RN at the breast clinic, who much have brow beat the pathologist into rushing my sample because it was done a day earlier than it was supposed to. First thing she did was assure me that it was not cancer. She informed it was something called a granulomatous mastitis, which was just a fancy name for a lump in the breast (ummmm, no kidding, Sherlock). She referred me to yet another clinic downtown where I'd talk to another RN to see about treatment/surgery. They are going to have to do more tests to see if the cause is bacterial or fungal, then put me on a round of steroids to see if it'll shrink the granuloma. If not, then it'll have to be removed. So yay, not cancer, and boo, more testing.
So like the genius that I am, I googled granulomatous mastitis. Wikipedia informed me that it was caused by a variety of things including TUBERCULOSIS. Ummmm, I'm not sure that I ever got my DTAP. I also kind of failed a TB test about seven years (had to get them yearly working in a hospital). Okay, I didn't really fail, but I didn't pass. Closest thing that the doctor could figure out was that I was allergic to the test. Both of them because they tried two different types. But no, I don't have TB. I think.
If it seems like I've had a ton of medical pseudo-crises, um, I sort have. I've had so far: an abnormal pap smear, pre-eclampsia, a couple undetermined TB tests, and now a granuloma. And I'm only 27. Seriously universe?
So now I get to try to contact another clinic that never answers their phone. I also get to contact my original doctor that I saw last Tuesday, who very kindly called this morning to see how I was doing. She told me that my thyroid result was slightly abnormal, but probably not enough to cause problems. So I have to go back for more blood testing, possible an ultrasound of ovaries, and pharmacological sampling. Yay, fun!
Today I:
Took both kids to speech therapy
Too many loads of laundry
Mended some shirts. Just call me Laura Ingalls.
Hooray! Hopefully something in all that medical mess was comforting somewhat. Considering how much I was biting my nails I can't imagine what it was like for you. Boo for all the extra testing, hopefully they have good blood takers and you won't feel like an ill-used voodoo doll. And double hopefully they can make it all better quick and nothing else crazy happens to you. As for hippie magic, I suggest bathing in garlic, that'll show those viruses who's boss *wink*
ReplyDeleteSo instead of cancer, you potentially have BOOB FUNGUS?! I mean, yes, preferable to cancer, but still. Not cool, body, not cool.
ReplyDelete