Remember October? That's when I WANTED to put up my Christmas decorations. Unfortunately, stupid social norms and common sense meant that I needed to wait another month, which meant the mania and subsequent energy has since worn off. Sunday we "decorated" the tree (I handed ornaments to the kids who loaded the bottom quarter's outside branches until Justin could redistribute them more evenly). It went as smoothly as can be expected until my OCD took over, we ran out of hooks, and I kicked Justin and the kids downstairs and finished it myself.
Liam has been sleeping a lot lately and having a couple of bad nights. I thought it might be the lack of morning light to wake him up. But when I was trying to get him ready for school, he threw up all the the bathroom floor. Yay.
The past week I:
Survived Justin's absence for the week
Spent 1 1/2 hours in the car on Friday trying to get down to Ikea
Bought curtain rods and rings at Ikea
Spent another hour in traffic getting from the airport parking lot to arrivals to pick up Justin (seriously, Seatac???)
Scrubbed down bathrooms
Laundry
Installed curtain hooks and rings and hung up the curtains. You know what is more complicated than it has any right to be? Curtain hooks and rings. I have to redo 3 out of 4 of the drapery panels, but I'm trying to work up the will to live.
Baked like crazy.
Having found out I have an auto-immune disorder and the possibility that wheat is secretly trying to kill me, means that I am, of course, craving all baked goodies. Until I am told by a rheumatologist I have to give up gluten, I'm going to keep right eating it. SUCK IT BODY. Sunday, I made banana chip muffins; Monday, I made cream scones; and tonight I made blackberry honey-wheat cream scones. If I had bread flour, I would have made pumpkin milk loaf. Yay for evolutionary carb cravings.
No comments:
Post a Comment