Okay, not in that way, though I will admit I watch more TV than I should, mostly because I'm bored at home with two kids that are either in school or don't want me to play with them.
Now, that Downton Abbey has safely passed the episode (spoilers, sweetie!) where Mrs. Hughes finds out that she doesn't have cancer. I watch the show when it's released (any tech savvy person can if you can figure out how to either route your IP or install an extension like Hola.) The really eerie thing was the exact week that this originally aired was the exact week I was also having a breast cancer scare. And the day episode 3 rolled around was the day before I got the news I did not have cancer. Spooky.
Likewise, the week I had Liam tested for autism was the same week that annoying kid from Parenthood was diagnosed. Weirdly eerie? Yes. Coincidence. Of course it was.
I'm on the search for some new TV shows to watch. There are a few that I've tried to watch lately that I just really couldn't get into. Community was one of them. I @$*#ing hate the main character. I also tried Chuck. Sort of okay. I watched 2 seasons of Parks and Rec last Sunday when I was laid up with the flu and burned myself out. Any suggestions?
Wish me luck this week. The kids are on school break and I have a liver biopsy on Wednesday.
If you don't mind some language and violence you could try Breaking Bad. It's interesting and strange. My husband started watching it, and I wasn't sure about it, but I got a little hooked and even though I HATE the main character with a passion, I still watch it and want to know what is going to happen. It's bizarre.
ReplyDeleteYou could watch some horribly long anime series like Inuyasha or something (500hrs or so isn't too much wasted life, is it?... :P) Or there's always Bleach, which apparently is still going even after 600 episodes or something crazy like that. As for real people shows, Michael loves 30 Rock and we watched the first few seasons of The Big Bang Theory. Otherwise, I tend to watch whatever crap is on, even if it's Asia's Next Top Model, or K-Pop Star Hunt Season 2 (of which most is in Korean with Vietnamese subtitles, I get desperate too...). Good luck!
ReplyDelete