Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sleep is for the weak!

It's currently 6 am PST. I've been awake for three hours. Yesterday, I woke up at four. The night before that, I was up at 2:30. Stupid prednisone. I haven't slept more than five hours straight for months. I even went to bed at 9:30 last night. I didn't fall asleep at 9:30 because, unfortunately, my phone gets the internet. Even still I think I was asleep within an hour.

I think I did fairly well this week. The kids are still alive. I managed to keep up with the laundry and dishes. The house isn't too much of a wreck.

The appointment with the GI doctor went fairly well. He thinks that it's just something called "fatty liver", which totally makes sense because 1) I'm fat and 2) I've gained something like 30 lbs in the past year. I have an ultrasound scheduled for Monday and he ran a bunch of blood tests to rule out other stuff like Wilson's disease. He also told me that I'm hepatitis B and C immune, which means at least a few of the vaccines I've gotten took. That's the good news. The bad news is that if I do end up on the methotraxate, I will have to get a liver biopsy done first to make sure that there isn't any fibrosis or even worse, cirrhosis. Yay. Chances are very low of either of those being a problem.

The other bad news is that Murgatroyd is hurting pretty badly. I'm in some pretty extreme discomfort, and weirdly the pain seems to be radiating to my upper back. Ugh. It's also really hard to lift weights at the gym when my very tender front makes me want to scream every time I brush up against something. JUST GET IT OVER WITH, BODY.

I need a new hobby. Any suggestions?

After thought: if none of this makes sense, remember I haven't slept since September.

No comments:

Post a Comment