Last night we went to Star Trek Into Darkness. Justin's company rents out a theater sometimes the night before big releases. This time however, Paramount decided to move the date up a day, so we were instead seeing it on opening night. So, I guess to make up for the lack of sneak preview, they decided to have the showing in 3D.
I will admit that it had been about 10 years since I'd seen anything in 3D and the glasses were still those red and blue paper specs. But every time I'd seen anything in 3D, I'd have a headache afterwards and not be able to see out of my left eye. I'm extremely right eye dominate (my contact prescription is almost twice as strong for my left eye) and so any time my eyes are under any strain, I feel my right eye start to over-compensate.
But eye strain aside, those @$%$#%@!# glasses are racist. I, like most Asians, do not have a bridge to my nose. I can lay a finger across the top of my nose and touch both of my eyeballs. Finding sunglasses is a pain. In order to be able to focus on the screen, I practically have to shove the lens into my corneas and hold the damn glasses there the entire time. I left the theater with a headache, sore eyeballs, and 3D glasses with two retinal prints on them.
But the good news, the movie was pretty good and I'm still in totally in love with Benedict Cumberbatch... along with the rest of the world, including Justin.
Yes... I have a man-crush on Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch. Don't judge me!
ReplyDelete