Due to the nausea, I've been fighting a bout of insomnia. So I've been reading a lot of the books out of my parent's collection that I haven't read for a while.
Rebecca-
Can I just say that Mrs. Danvers still takes the cake for being the coolest psycho ever? It is however a little hard to understand her motivations for the most part other than misplaced loyalty. Also when reading this book, all I can think about the movie and how Laurence Olivier and Joan Fontaine HATED each other.
Agatha Christie-
Poirot is much cooler than Ms. Marple.
The Oz books-
I started to collect these when I was ten. I think that I'm still missing three of them, but they're fun little reads. I love how these books are not consistent in anything. People can't die, but people die; people can't grow up, but people talk about growing up. Ah well, mostly I love how people insult each other all the time. John R Neill's illustrations are pretty cool too.
Liam is being a little stinker. He's refusing to take his naps lately and is getting into everything. There was a step latter in the kitchen that he discovered he can climb and then get up on to the counters. Yeah that was fun. He is also experimenting with this awful high pitched strangled screaming sound to get my attention. On the food front, he loves saltines and is refusing cheese, which was one of his favourite foods till now. Oh the joys of having a kid with my genes.
For some odd reason, I always find myself reading Agatha Christies when I'm pregnant, too. It's like a craving or something. A craving for foppish Belgians with little moustaches!
ReplyDelete