The past couple of days have left me feeling less than competent in parent department. Yesterday, Liam was in the cart, leaned to grab a potato (?!), and FELL out. He started crying, but was fine when I picked him up. Then outside, I was letting him walk along the sidewalk and was trying to keep him out of traffic. He tripped and fell right on his nose on the concrete. Screaming ensued. Later, I was feeding him spaghetti for dinner when he started to cough. We cleared out his mouth, but he started rubbing his nose like crazy. Then he sneezed and a noodle came out.
This morning, he was running around with a basket and fell on top of it, breaking the handle and scrapping up his chin. Then as I was dressing him, Justin needed to leave for work, causing Liam to have a meltdown, sit in the middle of the floor, crying pitifully for Justin to pick him up. As Justin was walking down the stairs, Liam was trying to climb over the gate and wails were echoing in the upstairs hall. Justin was feeling guilty and I was feeling inadequate.
It's now officially a week until the ultrasound and I'm taking bets. This week I think that it's a girl (I've change four times now). Here are the facts:
Liam
morning sickness the entire time up until the morning he was born
acne EVERYWHERE
bi polar mood swings
had no migraines the entire pregnancy
HOWEVER, I thought Liam was girl based on the amount of nausea and a weird dream that my grandmother had.
This pregnancy
morning sickness stopped about sixteen weeks
only a few zits on my face in the first trimester (keep in mind it was summer)
weepy
intermittent headaches
BUT, I think this is a girl because this pregnancy has been really different. And I'm a REALLY bad guesser. Like I'm only right about 25% of the time.
Step right up and make your guess!
My vote is girl. And kids are bound to get scraped up, though that probably doesn't make you feel better about his recent escapades.
ReplyDeleteHey E-
ReplyDeleteYou need to add me to your invite list. I can't get onto your blog.