Friday, November 7, 2008

Motherbored

So I need to find a new hobby. Meaning, I want to fill my time with something while I ignore all the housework that needs to get done.

This past week has been fun (read: sarcasm) because Liam had a temperature that ranged from 101-105 since last Friday. Yesterday it became very apparent he was feeling better when he would pound on the study door, run in when I opened it and look around for Daddy, who was a work. He looked sad but worked through his disappointment by pulling books off the shelves.

Liam has been growing by leaps and bounds, literally. Yesterday he learned to climb up on the dining room chair, and I stopped him before he got up onto the table. When I took him to the doctor's on Monday and Wednesday, his weight had shot up to 20 lbs 13 oz, meaning he gained a pound in a month. Which explains why my back hurts like crazy lately.

He also is suddenly sleeping through the night. And taking his naps. Without a fight. He'll now take an hour nap in the morning and a 1-2 hour nap in the afternoon. And go to bed at nine and sleep until eight in the morning. I'm still in shock. The past 14 months, we've been fighting almost constantly to get him to go to sleep and stay asleep in his own bed. Now I'm sure I've jinxed it.

No new developments really. Something needs to happen before I lose my mind.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, sleep! Please tell me I don't have 11 more months ahead of me - hopefully Sam will catch the sleeping bug soon. Enjoy your new well-rested self!

    ReplyDelete